1. Personal Information
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you or contact you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information amounts to ‘personal data’ for the purposes of and as defined in the GDPR and in applicable U.S. local laws. All references to Personal Information shall be deemed to include personal data as defined and used in applicable U.S. local laws and the GDPR. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our Website is a general audience site and not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we know is under the age of 13.
2. Website Terms & Conditions
3. Collected Information
We will collect and process the following Personal Information about you:
3.1 Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by contacting us using the form on our Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. This information you give us may include your name, address, email address and telephone number, and in some cases, financial and credit card information.
3.2 Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we will automatically collect and log information including your Web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
4. Cookies and Beacons
Web beacons are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that provide a presence on the web page or email and send back to its home server information from your browser. The information collected by web beacons allows websites to statistically monitor how many people are using the website or using the websites of certain sponsors or advertisers. Web beacons also allow a website to monitor whether you open e-mails sent from the website or from sponsors or advertisers, and sometimes to track your activity across websites generally. We may use web beacons to collect non-Personal Information about your use of our Website Our web beacons are not used to track your activity outside of our Website. We do not link non-Personal Information from web beacons to Personal Information without your permission and do not use web beacons to collect or store Personal Information about you.
5. Treatment of Personal Information
5.1. Where you have given consent to the processing;
5.2. Where it is necessary to perform the contract we have entered into, or are about to enter into, with you (whether in relation to the provision of the Services or otherwise); and/or
5.3. Where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those legitimate interests.
6. Disclosure of your Personal Information
6.1. Disclosure for legal reasons: We may release Personal Information to third parties (1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (2) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you, others or homeland security, in which we believe it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, or illegal conduct. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your Personal Information to a third party, we will notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
6.4. Disclosure of aggregate information. We may provide non-Personal Information about you to third parties that does not allow you to be identified or contacted and that is combined with the non-Personal Information of other users (“Aggregate Information”). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our Website and the Services, and the activities they conduct while on our Website or using the Services. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for this Aggregate Information. We also may not limit the third parties’ use of the Aggregate Information, except that we do require third parties to whom we disclose Aggregate Information to agree that they will not attempt to make this information personally identifiable by combining it with other databases or otherwise.
7. Security and Data Retention
7.2. We will only retain your Personal Information collected through our Website for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it.
8. Your Rights
Under certain circumstances and in compliance with the applicable local and national laws as well as the GDPR, you have the right to:
8.1. Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a ‘subject access request’). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
8. 2. Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
8. 3. Request erasure of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove all of your Personal Information in certain other circumstances;
8. 4. Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground;
8. 5. Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Information, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
8. 6. Request the transfer of your Personal Information to another party; and
8. 7. Lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (as defined in the GDPR). If you have any complaints about the way we process your Personal Information, please do contact us. Alternatively, you may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority which is established in your country.
8.8. If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your Personal Information, object to the processing of your Personal Information, or request that we transfer a copy of your Personal Information to another person please contact email@example.com.
8.9. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our servers. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your Personal Information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Nevertheless, upon receiving your request, all Personal Information stored in the databases we actively use for research and daily business activities will be deleted.
9. Processing of Personal Information
10. Modifications of this Policy
Last updated on May 25, 2018.
Request more information
Integrated Compliance Software Solutions
Solutions for >